Monday, October 10, 2011

We Have Color!

We completed (95% of) the painting today! The Halcyon Green on the kitchen/dining room/living room walls is uh-maazing! The Banana Cream in the bathrooms is a very pretty light yellow, which should look just right next to the slate blue tiles in there! The Accessible Beige is.... well, as exciting as beige can get... And the Sagey in our bedroom is... limey? Ugh. We still haven't removed the plastic/tape from the windows, so hopefully the more natural light will bring it back to a calm sage color. We still have to do one more coat of the Foggy Day on the accent wall in the guest bedroom. So far, it's a really nice color, but maybe a tad dark for the small room? We'll see. Overall, we're very happy with the color scheme and can't wait to continue with the rest of the finishes! Next up: Interior doors! We'll most likely go with these ones (stained to match the dark wood floors) from Lowes:





Here are a few pictures from my phone.. I have yet to find the cord for my point&shoot (construction zone-approved) camera:


The First Swing!
Look what we found.... In the kitchen cabinetry!! It was being used as the exterior of the lazy-susan!
My new extension cord!!
Jess drew the cut lines through the tire swing... I couldn't bring myself to do it quite yet...
I couldn't help myself!

New Windows! And a new door behind the paper...

2 comments:

  1. Em,
    Thanks so much for sharing! It does help since we aren't able to see it in person! Is that a map on the back of the lazy susan?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! Of the Gallatin Valley! I can only imagine him trying to figure out what to use, looking up at the map on the wall, and... Aha!

    ReplyDelete